1. I am an epic snoring machine, people. Anyone who willingly sleeps next to me every night, despite the fact that it sounds like I'm trying to take down a mighty Redwood with my uncle's old chainsaw, makes this man one helluva good sport.
2. He's no ordinary high school English teacher. He used a blog and a twitter account to start a educational technology revolution. He's finally being recognized for his countless hours of hard work and dedication! I'm crazy proud of him. Check out the details of his latest achievement here. The sky is truly the limit when it comes to his aspirations and all that he is actually capable of.
3. I'm a picky, pokey, perfectionist. I'm sure that my high altitude standards make life a real pain in the ass some days. After seven years, he still tells me, "I'll try to do better." Gotta have mad respect for that.
4. He still treats me like a hot piece of lady. I will never understand this. I have a mirror and I know how to use it. My reflection is a haggard-looking hobo disguised as an out of shape, sleep-deprived mother...on a good day. The hotness has definitely left the building. And for some reason, he still gives me a wink, wink most of the time. It's gotta be love...or macular degeneration for sure.
5. Sometimes he only gets to talk to me for like ten minutes in any given day before we both pass out and begin to drool. And when we do talk, we're both extra crabby and the topic is usually something boring and schedule-related. He doesn't get mad. He knows that 'so is life'...and that we can try again to be more like caring married people again tomorrow. Or the day after...
6. Growing up in a single-parent household, we worried about finances constantly. My husband will move heaven and earth to make sure that I don't ever have to have the same concerns in my adult life. This is an absolutely amazing gift.
7. He's brash at times and can seem insensitive some days, but he's not really. He's unabashedly romantic when he wants to be. Just look at what he did to my bathroom last Valentine's Day...
8. He laughs, (like way too loudly,) at most of the same things that I do. We can watch Step Brothers or Anchorman for the 500th time and still quote it together word for word. What other people would probably find seriously annoying, we completely enjoy together. So rad.
9. He shares my posts sometimes with his 20,000 followers on twitter, even occasionally when I don't ask him too. Cool, right? Nepotism rules.
10. He helped me bring the most amazing kid into this world. This child lights up every room that he walks into. He's exhausting and emotional, but he's also very kind, crazy funny and alarmingly smart. My days are SONny because of the love that I've shared with this man. When number 1-9 get eclipsed by the very crappiest of circumstances...there's still always #10. #10 is a really good one.
Happy Valentine's Day to my partner in crime...to my co-survivor of life's biggest trainwrecks...and to the man who would thankfully rather squeeze my ass when the rest of the world is busy kicking it.
Nick, you are loved.